Thursday, December 4, 2008

Back Home in America!!

Yes! I am back in America! What a shocker! Actually, probably not so shocking to you who have seen me the past month. Yeah, it's taken me that long to update my blog (sorry guys).

This is the nutshell within a nutshell version of why I am back home: The children are no longer at the orphanage in India that I was helping with. I could have helped at another orphanage there, but I didn't feel right about it. I knew God was calling me to come back home. And so, here I am!
I am SOOO glad that I was there for the time that I was there for. I know that it was God's perfect will for me to be there for that season. It was a wonderful experience that I will never forget (nor would I want to forget it).
I know there have been some dangerous things happening in India recently; but no, that's not the reason why I returned. God just said to come home, and I did. It was just the right time. And I am SO glad I'm back!!

What am I doing now?
I work at Pier 1 and am a student at a discipleship school (Generation Interns) at my church. Graduation is in June, but I'm not absolutely sure what I'll do after that. I may just stay home for a while.
Anyway, that's my life in a nutshell these past months.
Love you all and thank you for all your prayers,
Heather

3 comments:

Ryan Bates said...

It's so good to have you back girly! :)

Joe

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!! We should hang out sometime this month.

Anonymous said...

umm... so I'm home for three weeks starting Dec. 19th. We should get together, Gen too!!