Monday, September 8, 2008

Story Time

Every night the kids come in my room for a story. I wanted to read a book to them, but I haven't gotten one yet. So, next best thing... imagination!
It's pretty funny. I didn't think I could tell stories that well or even create my own, but this has been SO fun! This one story has been continuing on for a couple weeks now. I don't know when it's going to end and I rarely know what's going to happen until a couple minutes before I tell it to them. Ha! I try to prepare before hand, but it seems my imagination doesn't flow as well until I start talking. Ha! We shall see how long this story lasts. The plot has been getting more complicated every night, so hopefully I will still be able to manage it. Lol!

How am I doing? Well, homesickness suddenly hit me one day. I think I've been too busy to notice before hand. I really, really do miss all you guys like crazy! Eating chocolate seems to help. Peanut M&Ms have become a good friend of mine. Ha! Ok, I try not to eat too many, but they do help on the days that I miss home.
Love you guys! Thanks for your messages and all your prayers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun, Heather! The children will not only remember your story, but also the time you spend telling it to them. The closeness and special time together will be cherished by them (and you!) for years to come. What a wonderful experience for both of you. Story time was one of my favorite things when I was a child. My mom had the best voices. I'm still disappointed when I hear the voices on Winnie the Pooh because my mother's renditions were much better than Disney's.

So where do you find peanut M&Ms? At regular stores?

I took your grandpa to Roseburg Saturday. I ran errands at Walmart and Sherm's, and then we had lunch at SONIC! He wanted to try it out, so that's what we did. Then to DQ for a dilly bar, and then to the nursery to replace the bedraggled hanging baskets by the bird feeder. We drove the long way home through Winston, and the whole day was quite enjoyable. Today he's having lunch with a couple from church, and they're going to try to take him to the Warbirds library.

Love you, Heather! XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

Heather, So fun to see a new blog!!! I myself am curious how you have Peanut M&M's... My quess is your Mom sent them to you...Have you tried the Penut Butter M&M's? They are the best!!!!

Tommorrow is my second week of being on the bowling league...lol... I'm sure they miss having you on the team.... It's really quite fun though...

Please know that we all miss you so much, and are thinking and praying for you!!!

Aimee

Anonymous said...

It sounds like God is really provideing everything you need, even stories! How awesome is that. Have you ever made stories up like that before? It sounds like you're having a lot of fun. Are the children learning alot of english? Try not to get too homesick, afterall we're all in a part of your heart. Just like your are in ours. God Bless Heather.

Unknown said...

That's so cool Girly! If you have time, you should keep a journal of your stories and write them down. I'd like to read it. :)

Miss and love you.

Joe

A Girl with Questions said...

haha thats so cute. I tried that with gwen and elliott once and it didnt end well. I couldnt think of what to say and I think the frog in the story died. yeah I am not good at that. lol. I really miss you and cant wait till you come home!! bye love