Monday, September 15, 2008

Questions Answered

Ok, to answer the M&M questions: I have tried the peanut butter ones, but the peanut ones are my favorite. The American family who started the orphanage had them and gave a bunch to me. (Don't worry, I brought my exercise ball and I have been using it). There is a store here that has many American food items for descent prices. Except for the pop tarts, one box costs almost $10! But everything else seems to be priced ok.

The stories... I have been thinking that I should keep a journal, but I haven't done it yet. I really need to before I forget what happened.
It is really funny, whenever I need an idea, one always seems to pop into my head (many times at the last minute). I wasn't like that before and haven't really written many stories (just a couple times for Sunday School, but that took days of preparation). God blows me away, He really is there to help when you need Him.

Telugu (I hope I spelled that correctly): It is the language the kids speak. They do know English pretty well, but it is still choppy (I am trying not to get into the habit of speaking choppy like them. ha!) I have also been trying to learn their language, it's pretty fun! The kids get so excited when I speak in Telugu.
Just something cute with the kids: Indians don't have many freckles, so the first day I arrived they tried to count all of mine. They also asked why I have so many. Ha!

Love you guys! Talk to you again later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed chatting with you Monday. It's been awhile since I have been on your blog! You are doing so good keeping it up.
With all the story telling training that might be a new career for you in the future.
I love you! and am very proud of you.
MOM

Anonymous said...

God IS amazing! I remember a time during VBS that I was showing the kids a pack of playing cards, and the one I was using was in a hard plastic case. As I was showing them I thought, "RATS! I should have shown them postage stamps as well!" (It would have perfectly illustrated whatever it was I was telling them.) I looked up at the cards in my hand and, to my complete amazement, there was a strip of stamps inside the back of the box. God is amazing!

It's great that you're enjoying the kids so much and trying to absorb the language as well. There's nothing like the "jump right in and swim" method.

Over the weekend I finally got to do some quilting. I'm trying to practice doing the top stitching over the already quilted pieces, and it's hard for me since I'm not very experienced at that part. But the way to get better is to practice, so that's what I'm doing. I'm working on a table runner and the colors just make me feel like fall is here. I want to start some new ones and I'm glad this one is almost done so I won't feel guilty when I move on to new stuff.

The weather is changing with crispy mornings and warm afternoons. I love this season. Some of the trees are turning colors. It makes me feel like making pumpkin pie or burning apple-cider candles.

Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

They counted your freckles! How many do you have? Ha. They would have fun counting all of mine! I'm so glad you're having so much fun. I'm so happy for you. God is so good. Praise God.

Anonymous said...

So, Hez, what kind of Pop Tarts are you favorite? I love Pot Tarts especially the Chocolate Fudge. Needless to say, unfortunately, they love me back in ways I don't like.

Sounds like all-in-all, you're having a good time as are the kiddos. I know they are being blessed by your presence, imagination, and gentle sweet spirit, just as I know you're being blessed by them.

If you ever run out of story ideas and you need something else to do, you could perhaps have a "contest" like your mother, you and I had when the office was at the house downstairs. You were the best!!!

Take care, look forward to hearing (reading) more.

WMS Teacher said...

Hi Heather!

Guess what we're about to do? Play SETTLERS! It just won't be the same without you to pick on. I will tell everyone they have to pick on me because you're not here to tell them, "Watch out for Bob!"

I was pretty excited to hear that you are playing soccer now. Welcome to the world's most popular sport! My team isn't doing so hot at the moment, maybe I'll have to recruit you for the team next year. Hey, if there are any really really good players we'll have to have them come to Winston as an exchange student *wink wink*

Well, I'm going to let Sarah leave you a message now. Have a great week Feather Akka!

Unknown said...

Hi Heather! *hugs*

Bob and I just got done reading your blog entries. You are a good writer Girly. Maybe you will write a book one day?

It was Talk Like a Pirate day today and almost everyone at Artbeats dressed up. I will have to send you the pictures! It was hard to recognize Dad.

I miss you Heather. I hope you are enjoying your time over there. I know you are being stretched and challenged a lot. I keep wondering how you are doing and what each new day brings for you. I should give you a call. I love you Heather!

Sarah (Squib)